skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Some notable things for me...
- I came across three poems by Fred Chappell in an old copy of Shenandoah I picked up at a used book store. Wonderful poetry and I'm looking forward to finding more.
- For three seasons now on my morning walks I've watched an apple tree in an unknown neighbor's yard fill and bend with its fruit. I feel good when I see this. There is nourishment even in the mere sight of this gift.
- For the past few weeks, on these same morning walks, my presence will occasionally scatter yellow finches from their high weed perches like confetti at a party for the morning. I see these colorful birds and think of my true friends, Don and Sharon, the comfort of their front porch, and the finches that gather to feed at the low end of their yard. And then I think of the way Sharon fries cabbage, and trout, and her gravy biscuits.... I'm awfully damn fortunate to have some friends.