Thursday, September 10, 2009

Movies

I've not said much about movies here on the blog. Surprising as I do enjoy them, especially when the days are longer and colder. I am more of a foreign film and independent film kind of a guy. However, as I've made effort to keep my evenings a little mellower the last few days I've watched a couple that I've found simply good from the popular isles at the video store.
Charlie Wilson's War was well written, well directed, and very well acted.
The Reader was not so well put together but I enjoyed the ongoing tension in the story. Kate Winslet did a beautiful job with her role and please, I'm not saying that because she was nude.
I'd say that is it for movie watching for a spell. I'm off to a local University this evening to enjoy an author reading and the weekend will be filled with daughterly endeavors.