Dear Blog Readers,
As you may have observed, I don't usually go this many days without a post of some kind. I have had a bit of a forced hiatus due to a trip to the ER and a night in the hospital over the weekend. No pity is warranted. It was, as all things are, a learning experience.
I had ignored chest pains for a few days because they did not accompany other symptoms that usually indicate heart issues. The pain became too great Saturday morning and I could no longer leave the issue to chance. The people involved in my care were kind and after initial treatments and tests I am mostly fine. I do not wish to spend another night in the hospital despite the kindness of the staff so I am making some changes.
I'd like to think I inherited my propensity for worrying from my maternal grandmother but I know I carry a small variety of genetic crosses from both sides of my family. I have a daughter to help raise, poems and stories to write, and so many good foods to taste and things to see. I don't care for trite phrases such as "wake up call" but I do know that light indeed flutters up from dark places and I am that light. I will continue to shine in those quiet corners of existence but now with a truer appreciation for that gift, simply because there is more to see.
Forward,
Theris (W)